$hop All Day, $hop All Night, at Cedar Rock Tack Store!


If I had all the money in the world anyway. Which I don't. And probably most people don't either. I've been itching to stop and shop at the new tack store that opened up in Thomson about 8 months ago (November 2017), and I finally made it there today, to pick up a few things for the horse show tomorrow and for problem child River, who pulled a shoe while I was on vacation. His 'real' mom(owner), Chris and I discussed, and decided that we're going to experiment putting him in bell boots. He didn't have the best feet (actually they were pretty darn awful) after he came off the track, and him pulling shoes concerns both of us. His mom has worked so very hard with an amazing farrier at correcting his feet, and the last thing I want is to mess that up while he lives at Foxboro.

Ok-that may have been way more than a side note that I planned on. Whoops. Back to our new little tack store; Cedar Rock Tack. It's a charming little store in downtown Thomson, and everyone working there was incredibly friendly,  and their newest employee, Kim, (who I got to speak to today) is a certified Stübben saddle fitter with demo saddles, who also breeds and competes some ADORABLE Connemara ponies. I don't know about you, but even though I'm 5'10 and a total, total pony crusher (just ask Allison), I will never not want to sit on a pony (as long as it can safely carry me) and just giggle the entire time and zoom around corners like I'm riding a little sport bike.

Back to the store-while it's still getting up and running, the owners and employees have already gotten a nice consignment section going, and have already stocked it with both English and Western items, and will soon be expanding into blanket washing and repair, which is another thing that the horse people of Thomson and the surrounding areas desperately need. The closest we have is in Aiken, which is a good hour, hour and a half drive, so having something like blanket wash/repair local will be a huge plus! While I got totally distracted looking around at all the saddles and talking to Kim about saddles, her ponies and plans for the store, I did remember to pick up bell boots for River, and a pink sweat scraper to add to my grooming box, which came in handy when I was bathing Madison this afternoon before trailering her over to the horse show-but more on that later.


Comments

Popular Posts